Qilimanjaro is a project aiming at opening the world of quantum computation to every company and individual, without the need of acquiring an expensive quantum computer, neither being enrolled in a certain university or program, or undertaking expensive partnerships with large players in the quantum computation industry. In particular, their project revolves around the following pillars:
• Create an accessible quantum computer
• Provide a translation software service by adapting classical problems into quantum algorithms
• Proceed with the development of a universal open source quantum computation language (Qibo)
• Create a community of users where contributions are rewarded, with the goal in mind of empowering the current quantum software ecosystem.
Qilimanjaro is structured in two teams:
• Qilimanjaro Computing Services (QCS).
• Qilimanjaro Software Services (QSS).
Qilimanjaro Software Services (QSS)
Qilimanjaro Software Services (QSS) will assist individuals and companies to adapt their problems to quantum algorithms that run on traditional quantum machines. As a consequence, QSS aims to build an operating system that will run on the Qilimanjaro Quantum computer to provide a full-stack service to the customers.
QSS will offer quantum algorithmic services that will offer solutions to:
• Adapting real-world problems to quantum algorithms
• Optimizing quantum algorithms for any existing quantum hardware, including other quantum platforms outside Qilimanjaro
• Running and analyzing experiments on their quantum computer
An additional service provided by the QSS team will consist in the development of a simple interface to program the Qilimanjaro Quantum Annealer.
Technical goals of QSS
Translating a real-world problem to the quantum world is not easy. Quantum mechanics comes with new kinds of logical operations. However, it also brings some fundamental restrictions to other tasks such as copying a given quantum state. In other words, quantum algorithms offer a new computational paradigm. Companies that would like to explore the power of quantum computation cannot simply run their software on a quantum machine. Today, implementations of each algorithm must suit each particular quantum device. As a consequence, lots of expertise is needed to develop quantum algorithms adapted to a quantum processor. Qilimanjaro Software Services will offer a complete service to users willing to use Quantum Computers. This includes helping individuals or companies to identify the problems which may benefit from a quantum computer, translating their problem to the language of quantum logic, and eventually running the algorithm on the quantum device.
The general goals of Qilimanjaro are:
• Contribute scientific advances which add value to the foundations of quantum computing.
• Develop platforms and infrastructures easily accessible to a global audience.
• Integrate the development of quantum standards to facilitate dialogue between the different companies developing this technology.
• Promote collaboration with other companies and existing infrastructures to accelerate development and standardization of quantum technologies.
• Promote collaboration through an open source community. Stimulate the creation of networks of people, encouraging mobility and the exchange of knowledge.
• Promote the quantum annealing technology and quantum circuits in Europe, where no significant investment has been made in this direction.
QBIT Token Usage and Mechanism
QBITs (pronounced as [kiúbits]) are ERC20-compliant tokens which are necessary to participate in their platform to obtain a service, and to reward various parties who will help building the Qilimanjaro ecosystem. In this way, they favor the creation of an entire financial open platform. QBIT tokens will be the only accepted currency used in the Qilimanjaro ecosystem. QBITs can also be hold to obtain an extra service or benefit. Therefore, the token’s flow is made between token holders, developers and practical users.